ORDERS IN BY 12:30 pm EST SHIP SAME DAY. *Continental US only
When a pet dies, it is natural to want to honor him or her with a proper burial. We understand that pets are members of the family, and laying them to
rest is an important part of the grieving process, and gives a sense of closure so that the pets' people can begin to heal. We want to help.
Hoegh pet casket burial container shells may not be as beautiful as the caskets, but they are the answer to an inexpensive burial unit. Each unit offers
non-deteriorating plastic and an air and water tight seal. All Hoegh Burial Containers are available in the almond color only. We are pet people, and
we know how difficult the passing of a pet is. We just want to make this difficult time a bit easier for you and your family.
| Additional Images (Click to Enlarge):
Inside Dimensions: 10" x 4.5" x 4"
When purchasing a pet casket you want to be sure to get the right size the first time. To measure:
Length - Measure from tip of nose to base of tail.
Width - Measure from the knees to the top of the back.
Height - Measure from outside of shoulder to outside of shoulder.
Approximate Species/Breeds for this Casket
Below is a list of species of animals and/or breeds of dogs that this particular casket may fit well. This list is a generalization for your assistance; please
measure your individual pet for best pet casket fit.
- Small birds
- Other Rodents
- Small Ferrets
- Small Snakes
- Always check all county codes before burying for legality
- Before digging push down with your shovel in a square shape the size width and length hole you will be digging. This will allow you to try to
remove the grass and some top soil intact for placement back over the grave
- Using the shovel, pry up the grass and topsoil in sections and place on side for reinsertion later
- Dig a hole 3 feet deep with enough room to fit the casket on for width and depth
- Place the casket in the hole and fill dirt around the casket and above the casket, pausing for the next step when you have about 1 inch of dirt on
top of the casket
- Sprinkle the soil at this point with lime to prevent other animals from scavenging your grave site
- Fill the rest of the way with dirt, compacting it as you go
- At the top, place your grass and topsoil pieces back down. Lightly water your grass in that area for the next few days (intensity of watering
depends on season and breed of grass) to try to reduce the shock of uprooting and give it a better chance of taking hold again
About Hoegh Industries
In 1966, Dennis and Jeanne Hoegh of Hoegh Industries became pioneers in the pet casket business. Hoegh pet caskets are vacuum formed out of
high-impact styrene plastic. They are available in eight sizes and 21 styles. In addition to the pet caskets, Hoegh Industries produces five pet cremation
urns, the Remembrance Plaque and the Remembrance Memorial.
QB ID: #10 Shell