ORDERS IN BY 12:30 pm EST SHIP SAME DAY. *Continental US only
When a pet dies, it is natural to want to honor him or her with a proper burial. We understand that pets are members of the family, and laying them to rest is an important part of the grieving process, and gives a sense of closure so that the pets' people can begin to heal. We want to help.
The Hoegh #28 Pet Casket is built for lasting durability and quality. All units are constructed of strong, high-impact styrene. The design and special sealant restrict seepage of water and the intrusion of air. Hoegh pet caskets are capable of serving as a Casket-Vault combination.
The #28 Combo is available in an almond colored exterior with a reversible pink and blue interior in the regular style. The interior consists of a pad, pillow, and coverlet.
We are pet people, and we know how difficult the passing of a pet is. We just want to make this difficult time a bit easier for you and your family.
Inside Dimensions: 28" x 11.5" x 8.75"
When purchasing a casket you want to be sure to get the right size the first time. To measure:
Length - Measure from tip of nose to base of tail.
Width - Measure from the knees to the top of the back.
Height - Measure from outside of shoulder to outside of shoulder.
Approximate Species/Breeds for this Casket
Below is a list of species of animals and/or breeds of dogs that this particular casket may fit well. This list is a generalization for your assistance; please measure your individual pet for best casket fit.
- Larger Cats
- Larger Prairie Dogs
- Big Snake (Boa Constrictor)
- Dogs (see below)
- American Cocker Spaniel
- American Eskimo Dog (toy and miniature)
- Australian Terrier
- Basset Hound
- Bichon Frise
- Border Terrier
- Boston Terrier
- Brazilian Terrier
- Brussels Griffon
- Bull Terrier (miniature)
- Cardigan Welsh Corgi
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
- Cesky Terrier
- Chinese Crested
- Coton de Tulear
- Dandie Dinmont Terrier
- Dutch Smoushond
- English Toy Spaniel
- French Bulldog
- German Spitz - Medium (Mittelspitz)
- Icelandic Sheepdog
- Italian Greyhound
- Jack Russell Terrier
- Lakeland Terrier
- Lhasa Apso Lowchen
- Miniature Bull Terrier
- Miniature Pinscher
- Miniature Poodle
- Miniature Schnauzer
- Parson Russell Terrier
- Pembroke Welsh Corgi
- Petit Bassett Griffon Vendeen
- Portuguese Podengo Pequeno (small)
- Russian Tsvetnaya Bolonka
- Sealyham Terrier
- Sussex Spaniel
- Swedish Vallhund
- Tibetan Spaniel
- Toy Manchester Terrier
- Welsh Terrier
- Wirehaired Fox Terrier
- Always check all county codes before burying for legality
- Before digging push down with your shovel in a square shape the size width and length hole you will be digging. This will allow you to try to remove the grass and some top soil intact for placement back over the grave
- Using the shove, pry up the grass and top soil in sections and place on side for reinsertion later
- Dig a hole 3 feet deep with enough room to fit the casket on for width and depth
- Place the casket in the hole and fill dirt around the casket and above the casket, pausing for the next step when you have about 1 inch of dirt on top of the casket
- Sprinkle the soil at this point with lime to prevent other animals from scavenging your grave site
- Fill the rest of the way with dirt, compacting it as you go
- At the top, place your grass and top soil pieces back down. Lightly water your grass in that area for the next few days (intensity of watering depends on season and breed of grass) to try to reduce the shock of uprooting and give it a better chance of taking hold again
About Hoegh Industries
In 1966, Dennis and Jeanne Hoegh of Hoegh Industries became pioneers in the pet casket business. Hoegh pet caskets are vacuum formed out of high-impact styrene plastic. They are available in eight sizes and 21 styles. In addition to the pet caskets, Hoegh Industries produces five pet cremation urns, the Remembrance Plaque and the Remembrance Memorial.
QB ID: #28-PB