ORDERS IN BY 12:30 pm EST SHIP SAME DAY. *Continental US only
When a pet dies, it is natural to want to honor him or her with a proper burial. We understand that pets are members of the family, and laying them to rest is an important part of the grieving process, and gives a sense of closure so that the pets' people can begin to heal. We want to help.
The Hoegh #52 Pet Casket is built for lasting durability and quality. All units are constructed of strong, high-impact styrene. The design and special sealant restrict seepage of water and the intrusion of air. Hoegh pet caskets are capable of serving as a Casket-Vault combination.
The #52 is available in the Regular Style only and is a single wall unit. It has been vacuum formed from a quarter inch thickness of High Impact Styrene. The exterior is almond colored and the interior consists of a pad and pillow covered with a Rosetan crepelike material trimmed in a ginger colored lace. The pillow is enhanced with a floral applique. In addition to the sealant, eight plastic tie downs are included for a secure closure.
We are pet people, and we know how difficult the passing of a pet is. We just want to make this difficult time a bit easier for you and your family.
Inside Dimensions: 52" x 22" x 15"
When purchasing a casket you want to be sure to get the right size the first time. To measure:
Length - Measure from tip of nose to base of tail.
Width - Measure from the knees to the top of the back.
Height - Measure from outside of shoulder to outside of shoulder.
Approximate Species/Breeds for this Casket
Below is a list of species of animals and/or breeds of dogs that this particular casket may fit well. This list is a generalization for your assistance; please measure your individual pet for best casket fit.
Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog
Ardennes Cattle Dog
Black and Tan Coonhound
Cao Fila de Sao Miguel
Central Asian Shepherd
Chesapeake Bay Retriever
Drentsch Partridge Dog
Dutch Shepherd Dog
Flat Coated Retriever
German Shorthaired Pointer
German Wirehaired Pointer
Irish Red and White Setter
Irish Water Spaniel
Wirehaired Pointing Griffon
- Always check all county codes before burying for legality
- Before digging push down with your shovel in a square shape the size width and length hole you will be digging. This will allow you to try to remove the grass and some top soil intact for placement back over the grave
- Using the shove, pry up the grass and top soil in sections and place on side for reinsertion later
- Dig a hole 3 feet deep with enough room to fit the casket on for width and depth
- Place the casket in the hole and fill dirt around the casket and above the casket, pausing for the next step when you have about 1 inch of dirt on top of the casket
- Sprinkle the soil at this point with lime to prevent other animals from scavenging your grave site
- Fill the rest of the way with dirt, compacting it as you go
- At the top, place your grass and top soil pieces back down. Lightly water your grass in that area for the next few days (intensity of watering depends on season and breed of grass) to try to reduce the shock of uprooting and give it a better chance of taking hold again
About Hoegh Industries
In 1966, Dennis and Jeanne Hoegh of Hoegh Industries became pioneers in the pet casket business. Hoegh pet caskets are vacuum formed out of high-impact styrene plastic. They are available in eight sizes and 21 styles. In addition to the pet caskets, Hoegh Industries produces five pet cremation urns, the Remembrance Plaque and the Remembrance Memorial.
QB ID: #52-RR